Arifoğlu Olive Oil&Bitter Melon Mixture Momordica Charantia
Bitter melon is one of popular edible pod vegetable in many Asian countries. It is grown widely as a field crop as well as backyard vegetable and, in fact, is among the most bitter-tasting of all culinary vegetables. Bitter melon is a temperate/tropical vegetable probably originated in South-East Asia. Like in other members of the Cucurbitaceae family, it too is a fast-growing, trailing or climbing vine with thin stems and tendrils which require a trellis to support their climbing vines. Bitter gourd pods are characterized with soft lengthwise ridges and uneven pebbly surface. Depending upon the cultivar type, its immature pods can be light to dark green and have oblong or oval shapes with a pointed tip at the blossom end. Internally, the flesh is white with rough-edged seeds, somewhat similar to ridge gourd seeds in appearance. As the fruits begin to mature, they gradually become hard, turn yellow or brown in color.
Health Benefits of Bitter Gourd
• Bitter melon is very low in calories, carrying just 17 calories per 100 g. Nevertheless, its pods are rich sources of phytonutrients like dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants.
• Bitter melon notably contains phyto-nutrient, polypeptide-P, a plant insulin known to lower blood sugar levels. In addition, it composes a hypoglycemic agent called charantin. Charantin increases glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis inside the cells of the liver, muscle, and adipose tissue. Together, these compounds may have been thought to be responsible for blood sugar levels reduction in the treatment of type-2 diabetes.
• Fresh pods are an excellent source of folates, carrying about 72 µg/100g (18% of RDA). Vitamin folate when taken by mothers during their early pregnancy time, would help reduce the incidence of neural tube defects in newborn babies.
• Fresh bitter melon is an excellent source of vitamin-C (100 g of raw pod provides 84 mg or about 140% of RDI). Vitamin-C is one of the powerful natural antioxidants which helps scavenge deleterious free radicals from the human body.
• Further, it is an excellent source of health benefiting flavonoids such as ß-carotene, a-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. It also contains a good amount of vitamin-A. Together, these compounds help act as protective scavengers against oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that play a role in aging, cancers and various disease processes.
• Bitter melon stimulates easy digestion and peristalsis of food through the bowel until it is excreted from the body. Thus, it helps in relieving indigestion and constipation problems.
• In addition, it is a moderate source of B-complex vitamins such as niacin (vitamin B-3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5), pyridoxine (vitamin B-6) and minerals such as iron, zinc, potassium, manganese, and magnesium.
• Early laboratory tests suggest that certain photo-chemical compounds in bitter melon might be effective in the treatment of HIV infection.
This is a natural product. This is NOT a medicine. This item increases your performance and body condition.
If you have any health issues related to blood pressure, high tension or any other heart-related problems, please do not buy this item.
It is 100% Buyer’s responsibility to use this item and anyone who bought this item will be deemed to have accepted these conditions.